facebook dot
Global Shipping Experts - With Over 50 Years Experience

What we ship

Ability to move your vehicles to and from Australia to Anywhere

Where we ship

We have the ability to move vehicle's all over the world, please click on the below destination for information specific to each location

Why Choose us

Global Shipping Experts with over 25 years experience

It's Cheaper Than You Think

It costs less than AUD 1900 to ship your car to New Zealand when shipping via a roll-on, roll-off service. Please feel free to use Instant Online Quote Calculator to see the exact price to ship your vehicle to New Zealand.

Loss on Private Sale of Your Vehicle in Australia

It's often a far better option to ship your car to NZ rather than dealing with the hassle of selling it here in Australia and losing thousands on its value

Purchase of New Vehicle in NZ at an Inflated Price

It's often a far better option to ship your car to NZ rather than dealing with the hassle of selling it here in Australia and losing thousands on its value.

It's Fast And Easy!

Shipping a car between Australia and New Zealand is very simple, transit times can be as little as 4 days on the water and the whole process can take as little as two weeks. The documents we require are minimal and we handle everything for you from start to finish.


Rated Out of 10.0


Vehicles Shipped


Satisfied Clients


Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to import the car as a ‘personal import’. This means the vehicle will be exempt from both customs duty and VAT (Value Added Tax). To qualify for this we need proof, in the form of an insurance and registration document, showing that you have owned the car, and had it registered at an Australian address, for more than 6 months before shipment. You will also need to complete a ‘C104A’ Customs form which we will provide for you.

If you do not meet the above criteria, then both duty and VAT is payable. The duty is calculated on the ‘landed value’ of the vehicle. This is calculated by taking the cost or value of the vehicle, plus Insurance & Freight, this is commonly referred to as the ‘CIF’ price. The duty rates for cars is 10%, VAT is 20%. If the vehicle is a collectors car of historical interest, then this will only attract a VAT rate of 5%, and no duty if they are bought commercially rather than as a personal import. (eg: Classic Car Dealer). VAT is payable on the CIF Value, plus the duty, plus a VAT adjustment of GB 90.00 per ton, plus GB 80.00 per consignment. The VAT adjustment is a value-added to the value on which VAT is paid, not an additional tax amount. They don’t miss you with the taxes over in the UK.

We do not get involved in the registration process but we will ensure that all the customs import forms are completed to allow you to register your car. All cars being imported commercially now have to be declared on the NOVA System (Notification of Vehicle Arrival), If they are not there is a fine of GB 5.00 per day between the date of import and the date of attempted registration. The car cannot be registered in the UK without the NOVA declaration being completed. You are welcome to do your own declaration, or we can handle this for you for GB 50.00 – its a bit of a lengthy process. More information here

NOTE: If you are importing the vehicle as a personal import, you DO NOT have to register the vehicle on the NOVA system.

. Prior to being able to register the vehicle, it will need to gain safely approval for use on UK roads. Please visit this site for information on registration and this site for information on approval.

phone+61 732673694 Get In Touch
Willship Exporting and Importing UK Infographic - Willship NZ


We have a contact who can take care of this all of this for you once the vehicle arrives into the UK. We can put you in touch with our compliance facility and you are welcome to liase with them directly regarding the specific regulations in regards to your vehicle. They will need copies of the Australian insurance and registration paperwork.

phone+61 732673694 Get In Touch

Instant Shipping Calculator


In addition, you will need the following documentation for compliance testing. Two utility bills in the name of the importer at the Australian address shown on the registration and insurance certificates that is 6 months old, and, another that is at least 12 months old but no more than 15 months old.

Parts of the compliance test for cars less than 10 years old include:

  • Speedometer must be MPH so may need changing
  • A red rear fog light
  • Glass tints additional to EU manufacturer limits have to be removed
  • Australian manufactured tyres need to be replaced, they are not EU compliant
  • Tow bars, roof bars, ‘Roo’ bars must be removed (but can be refitted after the test)
  • Vehicles over 10 years old only need a UK MOT test.


You will only qualify if the owner is not moving to the UK permanently. Vehicles may be used on a temporary basis, for not more than 6 months, as long as the owner has written proof from their Australian insurance company that the vehicle is fully covered for use on UK roads. Without this the vehicle is considered as not insured and therefore unusable on UK roads. To drive a vehicle on UK or EU roads without all of the above being adhered to would mean the driver/owner was liable to prosecution.

phone+61 732673694 Get in Touch

We Move Cars, Trailers, Boats, Trucks & a Lot More!

– You Name It! Simply Get in Touch With Us if You Would Like a Quote to Move Anything Like This!